Fort Worth’s Best Practices for Tree Trimming and Removal
Date January 23, 2024
Maintaining healthy and beautiful trees involves trimming. TreeNewal’s arborists keep trees looking good and growing as they should with professional trimming and removal services. Here are TreeNewal’s best practices for tree trimming in Fort Worth, as well as our approach to tree removal.
What Are Tree Trimming and Tree Removal?
Image via Pixabay by nightowl
Tree trimming is the practice of removing excess or overgrown branches. This serves two purposes. The first is aesthetics, as trimming back the growth helps maintain a balanced shape and size. The other purpose is overall tree health. With too much growth, many areas of a tree may lack sufficient sunlight, which prevents its limbs from accessing the nutrients and moisture needed to grow.
Trimming isn’t the same as pruning. Though pruning does involve shaping, its primary function is to remove diseased or damaged branches. Trimming is a proactive or preventive measure, while pruning is a reactive one.
Tree removal is another type of reactive measure, except it applies to specimens that are dead, dying, or potentially dangerous to surrounding people and properties. It involves cutting a tree down to its stump, grinding the stump, or pulling out the stump altogether.
3 reasons to trim or remove a tree
TreeNewal’s tree trimming and tree removal services can provide the following benefits:
- Curb appeal: Well-balanced canopies make trees and properties look more appealing.
- Tree health: Cutting back the overgrowth helps trees get the sunlight and nutrients they need to thrive.
- Safety: A healthy tree is less likely to succumb to disease or infestation, which in turn prevents hazards such as falling limbs and tree collapse. When it comes to dead or dying trees, removal can prevent the spread of the underlying cause.
Best Practices for Tree Trimming and Removal
TreeNewal’s approach to tree trimming aligns with industry best practices, which are designed to maintain optimal tree health and the utmost safety of our arborists and clients. It involves:
- Maintaining aesthetic qualities.
- Maintaining a balanced canopy.
- Removing branches that may present hazards.
- Removing structurally compromised branches.
- Preventing top-heaviness.
- Preventing overgrowth into areas that require sunlight.
- Preventing blockages of walkways or roads.
- Safeguarding people and property from falling branches during the trimming process.
We follow strict standards when it comes to tree removal as well. If a tree must be removed, we make sure to minimize the risks to people and surrounding structures. Our team is well-trained in safety protocols and knows what it takes to safeguard homes, power lines, community members, and the environment from the dangers presented by the tree removal process.
Tree Trimming in Fort Worth, Texas
The ISA-certified arborists at TreeNewal are experts when it comes to tree trimming in Fort Worth, Texas. Our approach helps accentuate your trees’ natural beauty while promoting their growth and ongoing health. If necessary, we can also remove dead or damaged trees from your property to keep you, your loved ones, and your property safe. Reach out to us today to learn more about our tree maintenance services. Send us a message online or call 817-329-2450 and one of our associates will be happy to answer your questions.