How to Hang Your Christmas Tree Lights with Ease
Date December 03, 2021
Christmas tree lights are the most important decoration on your tree. Without them, your tree is just another branch with some ornaments. With the right lights, you can change the mood of any room in your house and create a winter wonderland ambiance that will make it feel like Christmas! However, hanging Christmas lights can be tough if you don’t know what you’re doing – so we’ve created this guide to help make it easy for anyone who needs to hang Christmas tree lights themselves!
How to Find the Right Lights for My Tree
The first step is to find the right lights for your tree. You’ll need to consider the height of your tree, the width of your tree, and how many branches you want to light. You’ll also need to decide what type of lights you want – traditional incandescent Christmas lights or newer LED Christmas lights.
LED Vs Incandescent Lights
The two big players in the Christmas light world are incandescent and LED lights. Incandescent lights are the classic Christmas light – they’re round, have a tangle-free wire, and come in many colors. LED lights are newer on the scene, but they’re growing in popularity because of their energy efficiency and long life span.
How LED Christmas Lights Work
LED stands for light-emitting diodes. They are super energy efficient and unlike other bulbs, they won’t burn out. The downside is that they can be more expensive than traditional Christmas lights.
How Incandescent Lights Work
Incandescent bulbs work by heating up a metal filament until it glows. This makes them less energy efficient than LED lights and they also have a shorter life span.
Which Type of Lights to Use
Now that you know the difference between incandescent and LED lights, you’ll need to decide which type is right for your tree. While both are acceptable, you’ll want to consider these factors:
– The height of your tree – if you’re buying lights for a tall tree, it may be worth investing in LED lights because the higher branches might not get enough light.
– Your budget – LEDs can cost more than incandescent bulbs but they also last much longer and use less energy so you won’t need to replace them.
– How many branches do you want to light – if you have a lot of branches, it might be worth using LED lights so you don’t blow the fuse.
Once you’ve decided on the type of lights, it’s time to pick out a color!
Christmas Tree Lights Colors
There are countless colors of Christmas tree lights available online and in-store. From classic warm white to more modern multicolor lights. Modern LED lights can even be controlled with a remote or your phone!
– Warm White – the classic Christmas color, warm white lights are traditional and look good on any tree.
– Blue Lights – blue Christmas lights can create a fun winter wonderland ambiance that looks great all year long! These also go well with silver ornaments for an added touch of class.
– Multicolor – multicolored lights are a fun way to add some color and cheer to your living space all year long! These also work well in kids’ rooms or playrooms because they look like candy canes and lollipops.
Choosing Your Lights: Which Connectors
There are different connectors you can use with Christmas lights including:
– Regular Plug – this is the most common connector and it plugs into any standard outlet.
– Cords with Connectors – these cords have a built-in connector that makes it easy to plug in your lights.
– String Lights – string lights come with a built-in socket so you can just plug them in and go!
How to Hang My Lights on the Tree
Before you hang your lights, make sure to test them by plugging them into the wall. This is important because you don’t want to end up putting lights on your tree that doesn’t work!
– Make sure each set of lights works before hanging them on the branches of the Christmas tree – if there are any faulty lights, remove them so no one gets hurt when they get plugged in later.
Once all lights are verified, it’s time to decide how you want your tree to look and then plan out where each strand of lights will go. If there are branches in the way, tape them down so that they don’t get tangled up in any wiring or interfere with the lights.
Once you know where each strand will go, it’s time to start hanging!
Make sure the plugs are facing out so that nothing gets caught in them. Clip your lights onto the tree and make sure they’re secure before moving on to the next one. If there are any loose strands of lights, try tucking them into a branch or behind a decoration.
If you’re using cords with connectors, just plug them in and go! If you’re using string lights, make sure they’re all plugged into the same socket before turning them on.
Christmas Tree Lights: How to Control Them
If you want more control over your Christmas tree lights, there are a few ways to do it.
– Remote Controlled – these lights come with a remote that lets you turn them on and off, change the colors, and even set a timer!
– App-Controlled – some LED lights can be controlled via an app on your phone!
– Smart Lights – smart lights can be controlled with your phone or a voice command! Just plug them in and start using your favorite digital assistant to turn on your tree.
If your lights do not come with remotes or apps, you can purchase a smart plug to help make your lights smarter than how they came out of the box.
Now that you know how to hang Christmas tree lights, it’s time to decorate away! And have fun with it! Christmas is all about being merry and bright!
To learn more about tree care, call our Argyle and Southlake-based teams
We’re a little different than the average tree services company.
Learn more about TreeNewal’s ISA Certified Arborists!
Healthy trees, healthy lives.