Controller & HR Manager
PLEASE READ ALL REQUIREMENTS BEFORE APPLYING.
* A RESUME AND COVER LETTER IS REQUIRED. *
Pay Range: $75K- $100K Salary + Benefits
TreeNewal Certified Arborist, a Dallas/Fort Worth Arbocare Services Company, is hiring an experienced and knowledgeable Controller & HR Leader to continue to develop and improve our accounting and human resources processes as we experience exceptional demand for our products. The ideal person for this position will be highly organized, precise, and committed to both internal and external deadlines.
Reports directly to the President.
- Responsible for reporting all state mandated reports (workers comp, sales/use taxes, payroll taxes, etc.) for multiple companies.
- Assist with the development of SOP (standard operating procedures) for the accounting department to improve overall efficiency.
- Annual audit preparation and submissions.
- Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly closing.
- Preparation of job cost reports and weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly financial statements.
- Accruals and allocations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Accounts Payable.
- Accounts Receivable.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Assemble analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management reporting.
- Assist in implementation, maintenance, and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- File Census Survey reports.
- Maintain balance sheet accounts including cash, prepaid assets, accrued liabilities, intercompany assets/liabilities, fixed assets etc.
- Electronic payments and tracking cash-on-hand.
- Assist in compliance with internal control objectives.
- Coordinate Property Tax payments.
- Fixed Asset/Work in Progress management.
- Responsible for all bookkeeping.
- Serve as Human Resource Manager and administrator, including but not limited to payroll, on-boarding, assisting with terminations, vacation / PTO usage, all benefits, unemployment claims, ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Manage employee health and company commercial insurance coverage, including facilitating employee coverage, and yearly renewals, including research and comparisons.
- Accounting for other ventures, or companies as acquired or established.
- Assist in special and ongoing projects designed to improve financial visibility and department efficiency and other ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Experience with acquisitions would be a plus.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Must be highly proficient with and have thorough understanding of QuickBooks Pro, (Online preferred).
- Must understand all facets of the accounting process (GAP) and have a thorough understanding of the financial statement, and balance sheet.
- Expert with Excel and pivot tables.
- Ability to develop, monitor and control budgets as well as analyze and interpret financial data.
- Prior HR management experience.
- Prior experience with and knowledge of commercial business insurance coverage as well as health insurance coverage would be preferred, but not required.
- Ability to quickly learn, retain and apply knowledge.
- Highly self-motivated with a high degree of discipline, initiative, and ownership.
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills with proven ability to stay on top of all moving pieces.
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and proven success multitasking and prioritizing projects and duties.
- Have a valid driver license.
- A credit check may be required prior to any offer of employment.
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and PTO.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- STD and LTD Insurance paid for by the company.
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees.
- Make a direct impact in planting trees with the National Forest Foundation.
Employment Classification: Full-time
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org