Our Certified Arborist Offer Tree Surveys & Assist with Argyle Tree Mitigation Services
TreeNewal helps builders, developers, and property owners comply with Argyle tree preservation ordinances.
What is Tree Mitigation?
Tree Mitigation is the compensation for removing protected trees from a construction site. All cities have tree preservation plans and ordinances to help protect and ensure the sustainability of community forests. As part of the tree preservation plan, cities require tree mitigation to restore the site’s green space. The specific regulations for protected tree removal and mitigation vary from city to city. As a sustainable tree care company, TreeNewal offers tree mitigation services to protect existing trees, minimize compliance costs, and assist property owners with meeting local tree preservation ordinances.
Our ISA Certified Arborists play a significant role in assisting property owners, builders, and developers to facilitate Argyle tree preservation and mitigation requirements. Trees are impacted by removals, damage, compaction, trenching, excavation, and other site activities. We also offer proactive tree services that will enhance the sustainability of trees kept on the property. TreeNewal is dedicated to educating customers about the importance of tree mitigation, helping lower mitigation fees, and navigating Argyle tree preservation ordinances.
How Does Argyle Tree Mitigation Work?
The Argyle tree preservation plan protects healthy, mature trees, promotes the town’s natural ecological, environmental, and aesthetic qualities, and preserves the rural forested character of the community.
- If a tree removal permit is granted, applicants must replace the protected trees removed with trees listed in the town of Argyle’s Approved Plant List.
- Replacement trees must be located on the subject site whenever possible. If conditions for planting are not feasible, the town administrator can authorize planting on another property.
- Replacement trees must be planted within one year of the date the tree removal permit was granted.
- A replacement tree that dies or becomes diseased within 3 years after planting must be replaced.
- If approved by the town administrator, the applicant can make a payment to the Argyle Reforestation Fund based on the determination that Argyle’s tree preservation policy might be better accomplished through a fee rather than actual tree planting.
- The payment amount is calculated based on current market prices for the cost of acquiring the total caliper inches of trees to be replaced, planting, and maintaining trees for one year.
To ensure contractors adequately preserve protected trees during development and construction, Argyle requires preservation measures and limits activities that could impact tree health. Our ISA Certified Arborist can provide tree surveys needed for any development application and assist property owners in complying with Argyle tree ordinances. We also offer proactive tree care services to ensure the sustainability of existing and newly planted trees.
The tree mitigation process is complex and can be challenging to navigate without the expertise of a DFW tree service company. TreeNewal offers tree surveys and tree mitigation services to developers, builders, and property owners in North Texas. As part of the tree mitigation plan, our ISA Certified Arborists inspect tree health and evaluate the condition of the trees on a construction site. If the protected tree is dying, has significant decay, or is infested or diseased and must be removed, a Certified Arborist will assist in lowering mitigation fees and help property owners conform to local tree preservation ordinances.
Give Us A Call Today!
Start Right With TreeNewal
See the arborist difference in your landscape