Our Certified Arborist Offer Tree Surveys & Assist with Tree Mitigation Services in Denton
TreeNewal helps builders, developers, and property owners comply with Denton tree preservation ordinances.
What is Tree Mitigation?
Tree Mitigation is the compensation for removing protected trees from a construction site. All cities have tree preservation plans and ordinances to help protect and ensure the sustainability of community forests. As part of the tree preservation plan, cities require tree mitigation to restore the site’s green space. The specific regulations for protected tree removal and mitigation vary from city to city. As a sustainable tree care company, TreeNewal offers tree mitigation services to protect existing trees, minimize compliance costs, and assist property owners with meeting local tree preservation ordinances.
Our Certified Arborists play a significant role in assisting property owners, builders, and developers to facilitate Denton tree preservation and mitigation requirements. Trees are impacted by removals, damage, compaction, trenching, excavation, and other site activities. We also offer proactive tree services that will enhance the sustainability of trees kept on the property. TreeNewal is dedicated to educating customers about the importance of tree mitigation, helping to lower mitigation fees, and navigating Denton tree preservation ordinances.
How Does Flower Mound Tree Mitigation Work?
The Denton tree preservation plan facilitates site design and construction that contributes to the long-term viability of existing trees, which improves environmental conditions, complies with air and water quality regulations, increases property values, and develops a process to control tree removals.
- A tree inventory plan and tree replacement/mitigation plan must be submitted with the tree removal permit application and can be prepared by an ISA Certified Arborist.
- The owner responsible for removing a protected tree must plant replacement trees on the same lot based on the value, size, and species of the protected tree removed.
- Each replacement tree must be listed in the Denton Approved Tree List with a minimum of 2″ caliper measured 6″ above grade and at least 5′ in height when planted.
- If approved, property owners can make a payment to the Denton Tree Fund in place of providing a replacement tree.
- The fees are established by the city council and are based on the fair market value of materials and labor at the time of planting and the reasonable estimated cost for maintenance and irrigation for 3 years.
Denton limits construction activities that would impact and/or damage the tree(s) to be preserved or protected on the site. Our ISA Certified Arborist can provide tree surveys required as part of the Denton tree mitigation plan and assist developers in complying with tree preservation ordinances. We also offer proactive tree care services to ensure the sustainability of existing and newly planted trees.
The tree mitigation process is complex and can be challenging to navigate without the expertise of a Denton tree service company. TreeNewal offers tree surveys and tree mitigation services to developers, builders, and property owners in North Texas. As part of the tree mitigation plan, our ISA Certified Arborists inspect tree health and evaluate the condition of the trees on a construction site. If the protected tree is dying, has significant decay, or is infested or diseased and must be removed, a Certified Arborist will assist in lowering mitigation fees and help property owners conform to local tree preservation ordinances.
Give Us A Call Today!
Start Right With TreeNewal
See the arborist difference in your landscape